We all know that a contact lens wearer needs to be alarmed and careful of the surroundings. This is not only the case with contact lenses but even with its counterpart i.e. glasses. Contact lenses however need meticulous care. To avoid inflammation that might be caused by contact lenses, be very careful of the following aspects when styling your hair for a prom or any other public appearance.
- While perming, dyeing or getting your hair treated, remove your contact lenses first. The chemicals and fixing colors can irritate your eyes.
- Use hair spray before putting your contact lenses in.
- Hairsprays don’t go well against contact lenses. If you are already wearing contact lenses because hair styling is often the last stage of a make-over, it is suggested that you keep your eyes closed throughout the procedure. Once your stylist is done with hair spray, you can re open your eyes after 5-8 seconds.
- While blow-drying, if contact lenses are un-avoidable; blink your eyes quite a few times to keep them moist. Hot air from blow drier could dry your eyes, disturbing the tear chemistry.
- If you are wearing a synthetic wig, take care that it is neatly combed or brushed. The stray fibers and wisps could get into your eyes and cause scratches on your contact lenses.
Following the tips above can reduce the risk of CLIDs. Share these tips with everyone who wears contact lenses to help us create awareness among masses.