Being able to see, without eyes is eerie & frightful.Once in a blue moon it is thrilling; getting all dressed up as an intimidating character, making others tremble with fear as they stumble across. What it takes to be a "Blind-Seer"? Nothing much, just cosmetics, black sclera lenses along with a white hag wig & makeup skills. Follow the tutorial below:
Planning your Makeup: Using Paper Face Chart
If you are not a professional makeup artist; you might have rarely heard about paper face charts. Paper face-charts are used by professionals that let them plan any specific makeup look before they could try it on a real-life model. Designing your ‘special effect makeup transformation’ at a face-chart saves time by making you less frequent at washing your face over & over again when going through trial & error phase.
Step By Step Makeup Tutorial: Blind-Fortune Teller
Courtesy: Makeup Artist Sumibunny
- Design a face chart or copy the one I made.
- Tear to shreds a tissue.
- You will also need some cotton.
- Twist some of the shreds.
- With a cotton swab, apply baby oil where you are going to apply the latex, this will help when removing the makeup.
- Take another cotton swab and apply carefully around the eyes .
- Paste the paper we twisted applying pressure with your fingers and more latex on top.
- Once you got the base shape, start sticking cotton the same way you did with the paper. Remember being very careful, I insist, latex contains ammonia and it's dangerous.
- Wait until it's dry, check with your fingers.
- Cover your eyelids with black pencil.
- Now apply makeup to the latex, use a cream makeup with high coverage darker than your skin tone, latex tends to make the colors lighter over time.
- Play with different tones until it matches your skin.
- With a brown pencil draw a fake eyelid and play with the volumes a little bit. Blend the pencil and also contour your nose a little bit with it.
- Apply red to the outer side of the fake eyes, you can use a lipstick or red cream makeup.
- Fix with loose powders and take off the excess.
- Apply black eye shadow and black eyeliner to the black of the eyes, we nee them as dark as possible.
- Shape your eyebrows with brown eye shadow and highlighter.
- Paint a few veins around the eyes.
- To paint the forehead's eye, first draw the shape with a brown pencil and use a small bevelled brush to blend.
- Fix everything and paint the eye using water makeup. It's very important to be patient because it might take a while, it's similar to painting a small illustration in your forehad with acrylics.
- Outline the lips with a brown pencil, use a red lipstick and then blend the brown to create a volume effect on the lips.
- Draw a small mole with eyeliner.
- Add some fake blood.
- Contour the face with darker powder and apply some pink-ish blush.
- Get your costume ready and...that's it!