Synthetic wigs though need relatively less care than human hair wigs; they do become frizzy over the time. Untangling a synthetic wig is often a complete mess. In order to keep it prevented from developing knots & disheveled fibers, synthetic wigs should only be brushed using the specially engineered wig comb. You can add months to the life span of an ordinary synthetic wig by taking measures to keep the frizz away from your synthetic wigs
- After taking it out from the packaging, fluff away the loose fibers. Rub your fingers through the wig to take out the loose knots. Then shake it off & comb your wig using a comb having metal bristles. Keep your hand motions swift and short. This reduces the friction & keeps the wig from getting tangled.
- Store synthetic wigs on a mannequin head or on a wig stand that should be tall enough to let the wigs hang freely. Wigs also get tangled if there are obstacles in the way where they are stored.
- Keep your wigs wrapped by a satin wrapping when not wearing. This prevents lint accumulation over synthetic wigs that make them look dry & frizzy.
- Cover your synthetic wigs by a scarf when travelling with a wig on during hot sunny day. Extreme weather conditions such as a windy or a rainy day can tangle the wig.
- Moisturize your synthetic wigs regularly with a light sheen. The spritz help coating the wig fibers with a thin layer that does not let the wig fibers get tangled.
Synthetic wigs are not only pocket-friendly but are also time friendly. They keep the memory of the style & wave so you do not need to spend hours in styling it at a late morning to work. However, it is utterly your own duty to maintain the quality of synthetic wigs.