When you begin to own a giant collection of synthetic wigs; storage problems occur. Synthetic hair wigs need great care and attention. Whilst storing them you would want to keep them look at their best with no fading in color, hair fall-offs and tangles. To store wigs that you do not wear frequently such as extremely long wigs or cosplay wigs; follow the below storage instructions.
Storage Instructions for Synthetic Wigs
Do not store your synthetic wigs in plastic bags. Wigs need air to breathe; plastic bag on the other hand traps bacteria, moisture and thus keep them damp. The best way to store synthetic wigs is to keep them covered using a hair-net. Hair net keeps the wig frizz-free, prevents it from being tangled and keep your synthetic wigs look new wears after wears.
Can I Store my Synthetic Wigs in their Original Packaging?
It is way too difficult to store a synthetic wig in the original packaging. Depending on the supplier; wig comes packaged in a hard-paper box, neatly wrapped in wig-net and are contained in a polythene bag. If you want to keep your wig in its original packaging for some inevitable reasons you should make big holes in the plastic wrapping so that it allows the air flow through wig strands.
Dos of Synthetic Wigs Storage
- Get a Styrofoam head or a wire rack/stand to store your wigs.
- Store long wigs in a shoe box. Comb them, detangle your wigs first by using DIY synthetic wig conditioner and then make loose braids to prevent it from being tangled. Coil the braid like a snake and place it in the box lined with the tissue paper. Crumpled tissue-papers over the surface of the synthetic wigs when storing. It prevents the static charge.
- Synthetic wigs that are in frequent use can be stored at hooks. They can be covered with a scarf loosely to keep dust off.
- Don’t store your wigs in front windows which receive ample of sunlight and air. Sunlight and other climatic elements will weather your wigs compromising the quality and color of synthetic hair wigs.
- Don’t store your wigs in plastic bags or else make holes otherwise.
- Don’t store your wigs at low places- places reachable to children