Wearing Circle Lenses is safe & easy; provided you take complete care of them. Before convincing your parents to allow you wearing circle lenses or colored contact lenses you should make all efforts to acquire as much knowledge about circle lenses as possible.
Appropriate Age to Introduce Child to Soft Contact Lenses
More than half (51%) of optometrists feel it is appropriate to introduce children to soft contact lenses between the ages of 10 and 12 years old, while nearly one in four (23%) feel 13-14 years old is a suitable age for a child to begin wearing contact lenses. One in ten doctors surveyed think it is proper to introduce 8-9 year olds (12%) or children younger than 8 (11%) to soft contact lenses. Figure 1 below visually displays the age which optometrists say is the appropriate age to introduce a child to soft contact lenses.
- Make a thorough research as to why circle lenses are better than glasses. If you need circle contact lenses or vision correction; you need to be more concerned about health & safety. People who wear contact lenses as a mode of vision correction need to wear them longer than people who wear to enrich their fashion style.
- Learn properly how to look after circle lenses, circle lens cases & when to replace your contact lens pairs. Do not wear circle lenses past their expiry. Similarly do not use expired disinfectants. Do not use rewetting drops as disinfectant and vise-versa
- After acquiring all the necessary information; you can prepare yourself to talk to your parents regarding permitting you for circle contacts. Talk to them confidently that you are mature enough to take care of your eyes and circle lens hygiene. You can offer them your savings that will help them buying you circle contact lenses
- Tell them you will be placing your order at an authentic online store that sells branded, genuine & certified circle lenses. You should know these things when wearing circle lenses.
- Discuss benefits of wearing circle lenses with your parents. Talk to them how glasses are a hindrance in your sport activities and how circle lenses may boost up your confidence by adding a whole new look to your personality
- You can convince them by stating that contact lenses are convenient than glasses in severe weather conditions such as rain, fog and snow. You don’t need to worry about blurred vision due to foggy glasses.
- As a final step; beat their fears by putting forward some myths & facts about circle lenses. Most probably your parents will agree upon hearing logical and strong valid arguments.
- Meet your eye care professional and let him convince your parents. In certain cases; parents do not listen as carefully to their child as they pay attention to what the eye care professional has to say. Moreover if you are under 18; you do not need to worry much as a/c to a survey nearly 97% of optometrists fit circle lenses to less than 18 years of age. Children up to the age of 17 account for about 41% of respondents’ total contact lens patient population. On average, optometrists say that about 59% of their contact lens patients are 18 years of age and older and report less than 1% of their contact lens patients are younger than eight-years-old, less than 2% are 8-9 years old, 7% are between 10-12, 13% are 13-14 year olds, and 19% of contact lens patients are between 15 and 17 years old.
Reference: Children & Contact Lenses Survey