Synthetic wigs are an excellent alternate to your natural hair. When you are having a bad hair day, slip a wig on and walk confidently. However, caution should be observed when wearing synthetic wigs in a routine. Wearing your synthetic wigs improperly can cause scalp problems and health issues. To prevent expected hair issues & scalp problems, strictly ensure the following.
Preventing Headaches: Light & Breathable Synthetic wigs
- Go for high quality wigs with lace-y adjustable wig caps. A wig should be snug but not too tight to cause redness at your forehead or a dull ache at your nape. Good quality synthetic wigs are made up of soft synthetic fibers that are lightweight and air-y. These wigs allow air-flow and keep your scalp breathing to prevent clogged hair follicles that reduce the damage in the roots.
Preventing Dandruff & Hair Breakage: Breathable Wigs
- Once again buying quality synthetic wigs is the only solution. Dandruff and hair breakage is caused by hypoxia- a condition which suffocates your hair follicles due to lack of oxygen supply. Wearing breathable light weight synthetic wigs let your scalp breathe that in turns prevent flaky dandruff.
Preventing Hair Loss: Conditioning your Hair Regularly
- It is very important to keep your natural hair fresh and conditioned no matter even if you are going to conceal them wearing a synthetic hair wig. Even the healthiest hair have shown the signs of hair loss and damage when certain steps weren’t followed.
- Wearing synthetic wigs in routine for 24/7 prevent exposure to day light that is necessary for healthy hair growth. Front hair line may also suffer from thinning because of fidgeting. Furthermore, production of natural scalp oil is significantly compromised when you keep wearing wigs all the time. It is recommended to let your scalp breathe and allow exposure to daylight (Vitamin D) as much as possible. Limit wearings wigs to formal events & photo-shoots. This keep your natural hair healthy & shining.
- When wearing wigs carefully tuck in your natural hair under it to avoid snagging hair. Snagging hair is the major cause of hair loss with synthetic wigs.
Studies have already proved that if the directions are not followed, both natural & synthetic hair wigs can cause the same problems. Today, with innovation in designs, feather light synthetic wigs, quality fabric for wig cap’s constructions (allowing greater air circulation) and adjustable sizes ensure your natural hair are never at stake. Synthetic wigs are meant to improve your style and not to damage it. Wearing them properly and keeping pre-requisites in mind can prevent hair loss & other health issues.
Recommended: Prevent natural hair from breakage underneath a wig