Contact lenses have been associated with dryness. Though contact lenses have become advanced in terms of providing comfort & ensuring crisp vision during the past decade; they do block certain amount of oxygen entering into your eyes. This is attributed to causing dry eyes. During winter, when the atmosphere is itself dry & cold; the increased use of heaters & fireplaces further adds warmth that exacerbates the dryness. Take care of your eyes during winter specially when wearing colored contact lenses.
Staying Outdoors whilst Wearing Colored Contact Lenses
- When wearing colored contact lenses during outdoor activities, be wary of the harsh sun rays. Ice and snow reflect UV rays sharply that may be dangerous to the eye sight. Wear protective eye wear or shades that intercept nearly 100% of the UV rays. Additionally, you can choose to wear UV interception colored contact lenses.
- Stay away from the direct source of heating for instance fireplaces and heaters. These heating appliances suck out the moisture of the surroundings which leaves eyes dry. Make use of humidifiers and keep your eye drops at hand to instantly provide lubrication to eyes.
- Wear hats with a wider brim along with UV intercepting shades. Hats won’t let harmful sun rays strike your eyes directly.
- Always wash your hands before handling your contact lenses or touching your eyes whilst contact lenses are still in.
- When applying creams and body moisturizing lotions, be careful to insert contact lenses prior to applying these.
- Do not smoke. Smoking is always dangerous for your eyes. It elevates the dryness in eyes and reduce the lubrication that may lead to irritated or inflamed eyes.
Eyes should always be taken care of, regardless of what weather you are in. Following these tips will not only help you have sparkling bright eyes but also vow to reap benefits in the long run. It prevents age-related macular degeneration, formation of crows feet & cataracts etc. Contact lenses help you see clear with advanced peripheral vision. However, they call for meticulous eye care alongside diligent handling of them. Don’t ever skip your annual eye exams to ensure good health of your eyes.